Welcome to Jo Byrns Elementary School
Home of the
Pre-K through 5th grade
Doors open at 7:25 a.m.
Tardy is 7:55 a.m.
Dismissal at 2:55 p.m.
Student Registration- July 29,30,31 8:00-5:00
During the registration period, families will be asked to produce two different proofs of resideny as required in the DOJ Settle Agreement. Only 911 addresses of parent/legal guardian can be used. Post Office boxes are not acceptable. (Exception: Homeless as defined by federal law). Acceptable proofs of residency are:
-Property Tax Records
- Mortgage document/property deed
- Income Tax Documents
- Lease agreement/rent reciepts including date, amount and names of persons who made and received payments.
- Utility Bill (issues within the last 3 months of the date of verification)
- State or Government issued ID
- Voter precinct indentification
- Affadavit- certifying address as student's primary residence (Student resides Mon-Thurs or the majority of nights per month)
* Completed Pre K home visits/screenings no later than August 11th, 2015
* Completed screening of K students no later than August 11th, 2015
* Small groups of PreK/K students scheduled to attend from August 12th-August 18th 2015
* 1st full day for all PreK/K students is August 19th, 2015
Our mission is to prepare students to be successful at the next
level of their education by reaching State Benchmarks and educational standards.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
The Robertson County School System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion or marital status, in training, activities or employment practice in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Americans with Disabilities Acts of 1997 and 2004.